As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
You can read my full disclosure statement here.
Your family will love waking up to these sweet treats! These heart shaped Valentine's Day Raspberry Cream Cheese Danish Pastries are sure to be a hit!
These delicious treats are also perfect for anniversaries or Mother's Day or Father's Day too. You can't beat the flaky crust, fruit and cream cheese combination!
Made with a refrigerated roll of crescent dough, these raspberry danishes are a simple recipe that is super easy and quick to make. Serve them for breakfast or as a sweet after dinner treat!
These would also be a great addition to serve at a brunch, bridal shower or the perfect treat to bring to a school party. Or enjoy them on any day of the year!
If you are looking for a sweet Valentine's Gift idea, pair these yummy heart shaped pastries with this sweet chocolate Hot Cocoa in a Jar Gift! Or these Valentines Rice Krispie Treats or these DIY Rose Heart Bath Bombs!
How to Make Valentine's Day Raspberry Cream Cheese Danish:
Servings: 12 Danish Pastries
Prep time: 25 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
Ingredients needed for Valentine's Day Raspberry Cream Cheese Danish:
1 roll of crescent rolls
4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
⅓ cup powdered sugar
½ cup mashed fresh raspberries (you can use raspberry jam or any other mashed fruit you wish to use)
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
2 Tablespoons butter (see how to make homemade butter)
⅓ cup powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons heavy cream
Note: Scroll down for a printable recipe card!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Unroll the crescent dough sheet of crescent triangles, fold in half and unfold to have a center crease.
- Roll each side into the middle and cut into half inch slices.
- Pinch the bottom of each slice of dough to form a point, and press down the dough with your fingers or the back of a spoon, to shape into hearts on the baking sheet.
- In a medium mixing bowl mix cream cheese and ⅓ cup powdered sugar until well combined.
- Spoon heaping teaspoons of the cream cheese mixture onto each heart shape and top with the mashed raspberries.
- Melt butter in a small pot or mixing bowl and mix in brown sugar, brush edges of hearts with mixture and bake for 15-20 minutes until edges are golden brown.
- Whisk ⅓ cup powdered sugar and heavy cream and drizzle over cooled Danish pastries.
Eat and Enjoy! Store any left, in an airtight container in the refrigerator. For best results, warm up any leftovers in a toaster oven or the oven to maintain their crisp flakiness.
Raspberry Cream Cheese Danish Variations:
Some variations to these heart shaped danish pastries that you can make:
- feel free to use any type of fruit in place of the raspberries! Some ideas are blueberries, strawberries, or applesauce!
- Skip the fruit altogether, and put some mini chocolate chips on instead!
- drizzle a melted dark chocolate over the top for a different spin on it!
- Add a little almond extract or vanilla extract to the cream cheese mixture and top with sliced almonds!
Valentine's Day Raspberry Cream Cheese Danish
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Roll out crescent dough, fold in half and unfold to have a center crease.
- Roll each side into the middle, and cut in half inch slices.
- Take each slice and lay flat on the prepared baking sheet.
- Pinch the bottom of each slice of dough to form a point, and press down the dough to shape into hearts on the baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl mix the cream cheese and ⅓ cup of powdered sugar until well combined.
- Spoon a heaping teaspoon on each heart shape and top wit mashed raspberries.
- Melt butter in a small bowl and mix in brown sugar, brush edges of hearts with mixture and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Whisk together ⅓ cup powdered sugar and heavy cream and drizzle over cooled danishes.
I hope you enjoy making these heart shaped danish Valentine's Day treats!
See my other cute holiday recipes you might enjoy:
- Patriotic White Chocolate Dipped Strawberries with Sprinkles
- Easy Halloween Mummy Oreo Cookie Balls
- Halloween Chocolate Eyeball Monster Pretzels
- Christmas Tree Rice Krispie Treats
Want to Remember This?
Pin it for later reference! Pin "Valentine's Day Raspberry Cream Cheese Danish" on Pinterest to your favorite Valentine's Day or Recipe board so you can find it again easily! Or share on Facebook too!