As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
You can read my full disclosure statement here.
Today we are making a Valentines Rice Krispie Treats recipe in heart shapes! These are dipped in melted chocolate candy wafers and we have added festive sprinkles to the classic rice krispie treats you know and love! Easy to make and delicious to eat!
Rice krispie treats are some of our favorite sweet treats, and this easy recipe makes for a yummy Valentine's Day dessert or snack! A fun way to alter the original recipe, and a treat your whole family who will love, or gift them to your sweet Valentine!
These tasty treats are also great if you are participating in a bake sale. We loved to make them for our kids when they held bake sales to raise funds for their 4-H Club.
These can be made any time of year, by just skipping the Valentines food coloring and sprinkles theme, or making a change to them that suits your special occasion. See some more ideas for mixing up this recipe at the bottom of this post!
I hope you enjoy this fun recipe and let me know what you think about these heart-shaped rice krispie treats! You might also want to check out my cute Valentine's Day Raspberry Cream Cheese Danish Pastries made easily with refrigerated crescent dough!
If you are looking for a sweet Valentine's Gift idea, pair these Valentine's Day rice krispie treats with this sweet chocolate Hot Cocoa in a Jar Gift! Or these DIY Rose Heart Bath Bombs!
Other related articles you may be interested in:
Christmas Tree Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Desserts
Patriotic White Chocolate Dipped Strawberries with Sprinkles
Our favorite homesteading and gardening tools in our Amazon Shop
Our Garden Harvest Tally Spreadsheet is now available!
HOW TO MAKE VALENTINES RICE KRISPIE TREATS:
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Setting time: 1 hour
Chill time: 30 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 50 minutes
Storage: store covered in a cool location
Notes: You can use any size heart shaped cookie cutter you want. The size will affect the number of treats that you are able to get. Mine was 3 inches.
Equipment needed to make Valentines Rice Krispie Treats:
You will need the following kitchen items to make this recipe:
parchment paper sheets (optional, but makes clean up easier)
heart shaped cookie cutter (a 3" size was used for this recipe)
Ingredients needed to make Valentines Rice Krispie Treats:
3 tablespoon butter (see how to make homemade butter!)
10 oz package mini marshmallows
6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
10 drops red food coloring
1 cup pink candy melts
Note: Scroll down for a printable recipe card!
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper (makes this recipe easier), or grease the baking pan.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
- Add marshmallows, and heat until melted, stirring often over medium-low heat.
- Add the food coloring and stir until the color is solid.
- Add the rice krispies, and stir until combined.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture into the baking pan and press it down flat with a spoon or spatula, and refrigerate for 1 hour to set.
- Remove the parchment paper with treats from the pan, and set on a counter or cutting board, and use the cookie cutter to cut as many hearts as you can.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add candy melts to a small microwave safe bowl, and heat on high for 30-second intervals in the microwave, stirring between each heating session, until fully melted.
- Dip one side of each heart into the melted candy, and set on the parchment sheet. Add sprinkles.
- Transfer to the refrigerator for about 30 minutes, until the candy sets.
Eat and Enjoy! Store any left, in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Valentines Rice Krispie Treats
- 1 heart shaped cookie cutter 3" size was used for this recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 10 oz bag of mini-marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 10 drops red food coloring
- 1 cup pink candy melts
- 1 container Valentine's Day themed sprinkles
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (makes clean up easier), or grease the baking sheet.
- Melt the butter in a large pot over low heat.
- Add marshmallows to the pot and heat until melted, stirring often.
- Add the food coloring and stir until color is evenly distributed.
- Add the rice krispie cereal and stir until well combined.
- Pour mixture onto the baking sheet and press flat with spoon or spatula, then refrigerate for about 1 hour to set.
- Remove the parchment paper with treats from the baking sheet, and set on a counter top or cutting board, and use the cookie cutter to cut as many hearts as you can.
- Line the baking sheet with another sheet of parchment paper.
- Add cany melts to a small microwave safe bowl, and heat on high for 30 second intervals in the microwave, stirring between each heating session, until fully melted.
- Dip one side of each heart shaped rice krispie treat into the melted candy, set on the parchment paper lined baking sheet, and add sprinkles.
- Transfer baking sheet to the refrigerator to chill for about 30 minutes, until the melted candy sets.
Valentines Rice Krispie Treat Variations:
Some variations to these heart shaped rice krispie treats that you can make any time of the year:
- Feel free to use any shaped cookie cutter you like!
- Feel free to use any color food coloring or candy melts, or sprinkles and cater these to any special occasion. For example, make these football shaped with your favorite teams colors!
- Drizzle a melted dark chocolate over the top or a melted white chocolate and skip the sprinkles for a different spin on it!
- If doing these for Valentines day, do one batch in pink, one batch in red, and another batch in white!
- Make these much smaller and put them on a cake pop stick for fun treats for the kids!
- You can mix in fun treats into the rice krispie treat mixture such as chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, candy pieces such as m&m's, nuts, pretzels, dried fruit, crushed candy bars or cookie bits, etc.
- Instead of using a cookie cutter, mold the mix into a shape with your hands well greased, such as apples or pumpkins in the fall! Pop a pretzel in for the stem!
I hope you enjoy making this heart shaped Valentine's Day Rice Krispie treats recipe!
See my other cute holiday recipes you might enjoy:
- Patriotic White Chocolate Dipped Strawberries with Sprinkles
- Easy Halloween Mummy Oreo Cookie Balls
- Halloween Chocolate Eyeball Monster Pretzels
- Christmas Tree Rice Krispie Treats
Want to Remember This?
Pin it for later reference! Pin "Valentines Rice Krispie Treats Recipe" on Pinterest to your favorite Valentine's Day or Recipe board so you can find it again easily! Or share on Facebook too!
Leave a Reply