As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
You can read my full disclosure statement here.
Today I am sharing a simple recipe for a DIY whipped peppermint sugar scrub that is easy and fun to make. Perfect for holiday gift giving too as this peppermint sugar scrub is a great gift idea!
Perfect for exfoliating winter dry skin, this natural body scrub is made using sugar and coconut oil, then scented with peppermint oil, or a lovely blend of lemon, peppermint, and ylang ylang essential oils for a milder peppermint scent. It is made with simple ingredients and it contains no dyes.
Reminiscent of the scent of candy canes and peppermint candy, this homemade sugar scrub is sure to be a hit in the winter months! Use warm water with the whipped sugar scrub in a circular motion to remove dead skin cells for smoother, softer moisturized winter skin!
The peppermint scent is rejuvenating and the perfect way to administer a little self care this winter! An easy and frugal gift too! Pair a jar of this with a jar of Hot Cocoa Mix!
See down below for different variations to this scrub recipe as well as other delicious scents you could use. Plus more ideas for all sorts of natural body scrubs as well as other DIY Bath & Beauty tutorials, and also see my full list of over 50+ Handmade Gift Ideas to get other gift giving ideas!
Need a fun holiday treat idea? Check out these cute Christmas Tree Rice Krispie Treats!
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR THE DIY WHIPPED PEPPERMINT SUGAR SCRUB Recipe:
This tutorial makes 2 cups of Whipped Peppermint Sugar Scrub. You might want to double or triple the recipe as it makes for a lovely gift idea this holiday season! It's the perfect gift for a teacher, friend or loved one!
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of solid coconut oil
- 10 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil
- 4 drops of ylang ylang essential oil (optional)
- 4 drops of lemon essential oil (optional)
NOTE: For a less intense peppermint scent, use both the ylang ylang and lemon essential oil together in combination with the peppermint essential oil.
HOW TO MAKE DIY WHIPPED PEPPERMINT SUGAR SCRUB:
- add sugar and coconut oil to a large mixing bowl for use with a hand mixer, or the bowl of a stand mixer
- beat on high for about 1 minute until they form a paste like consistency
- add the essential oil(s)
- beat on high for 3-5 minutes, until the mixture becomes light and fluffy
- for best results, store in an airtight cute jar or container in a cool location
NOTE: For gift giving, tie a bow on your jar with this fun red and white bakers twine!
CUSTOMIZE YOUR SUGAR SCRUB RECIPE WITH DIFFERENT VARIATIONS!
Once you make these, you may want to try and mix up the recipe a bit. Have fun with it and make your own sugar scrub creation!
- split your finished peppermint scrub into 2 batches, and add a few red drops of food coloring to one half. Layer your pink and white scrub colors in your jar, being sure to press each layer down well before adding the next, to get that look reminiscent of a candy cane!
- use brown sugar instead of white sugar
- try adding some vanilla essential oil with the peppermint essential oil for another similar yet different scent!
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of red jojoba beads for extra exfoliation and a fun look too!
- use shea butter, vitamin e oil, grapeseed oil or sweet almond oil or a mix of several of these, instead of regular coconut oil for different moisturizing options
- add different essential oils in place of the peppermint oil for completely different scents ie: sweet orange oil or lemon oil for an orange or lemon sugar scrub or lavender oil for a lavender sugar scrub!
Peppermint Sugar Scrub
- Add the sugar and coconut oil to a medium bowl and beat on high with an electric mixer for 1 minute.
- Add the essential oils.
- Beat on high for an additional 3 minutes, until the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- Store in an airtight container or jar.
I hope you enjoyed making your own DIY whipped peppermint sugar scrub! Check back regularly as I hope to have more DIY bath & body products posted soon.
If you enjoyed this and want to make something similar but different, check out all of my DIY Soaps, Scrubs & Bath Bombs products! Make several and put a little spa basket together as a great gift idea!
OTHER DIY CRAFT/TUTORIALS YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN:
Want to Remember This?
Of course you do! This DIY Whipped Peppermint Sugar Scrub is the PERFECT handmade gift idea!
Pease share "DIY Peppermint Sugar Scrub Recipe" on Pinterest to your favorite DIY board!