As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
You can read my full disclosure statement here.
This homemade DIY Vanilla Rose Sugar Scrub recipe is super simple to make and perfect for gift giving on Valentine's Day, Mother's Day or as Bridal shower favors! Made with simple all natural ingredients and essential oils, to help moisturize your dry skin.
This whipped homemade sugar scrub is easy to make, and a soft, fluffy version of a regular sugar scrub. The scents of vanilla and rose combine to make the most wonderful aroma.
Perfect for exfoliating winter dry skin, this natural body scrub is made using sugar which is a natural exfoliator with coconut oil, then scented with rose oil and vanilla oil, with a touch of pink mica powder for color. It is made with simple ingredients and natural ingredients.
We recommend rubbing this homemade body scrub on your skin in circular motion, to help remove dead skin cells for smoother and silky soft skin and then rinse with warm water. If you plan on gifting it, a great idea would be pairing it with our lovely Rose Heart Bath Bombs made with rose petals!
This simple sugar scrub recipe makes the perfect homemade gift, or even better, make several homemade bath products and put them all together in a gift basket!
See below for different variations on this recipe, or see all of my DIY Bath & Beauty Tutorials for other ideas! If you want more handmade gift ideas, see my article featuring over 50+ Handmade Gift Ideas!
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR THE DIY VANILLA ROSE SUGAR SCRUB:
This tutorial makes 2 cups of the vanilla rose DIY sugar scrub recipe. You might want to double or triple the recipe as it makes for a lovely gift idea! It's the perfect gift for a teacher, friend or loved one!
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon pink mica powder
- 10 drops vanilla essential oil
- 5 drops rose essential oil
HOW TO MAKE DIY VANILLA ROSE SUGAR SCRUB:
- Add the sugar and the coconut oil to a bowl, and beat on high speed for one minute.
- Add mica and essential oil.
- Beat for an additional 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add mixture to a pretty jar or a mason jar or any type of airtight storage container.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR SUGAR SCRUB RECIPE WITH DIFFERENT VARIATIONS!
Once you make this easy sugar scrub recipe, you may want to try and mix up the recipe a bit with slightly different ingredients to make your own DIY sugar scrubs! The best part is you can have fun with it and make your own sugar scrub creation!
- add 1-2 teaspoons vanilla bean seeds to the sugar scrub mixture for extra exfoliation to get rid of all those dead cells from your dry skin!
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of red jojoba beads as a great addition for extra exfoliation and a fun look too!
- use brown sugar instead of white sugar for something a little different
- add rose buds or rose petals for a special touch
- instead of whipping the mixture, gently pack the denser scrub into a small soap mold or ice cube tray for a great way to make sugar scrub cubes
- use a different type of oil or combination of carrier oils such as shea butter, vitamin e oil, grapeseed oil, olive oil or sweet almond oil or a mix of several of these, instead of regular coconut oil for different moisturizing options or whatever is your personal preference
- add different essential oils in place of the rose or vanilla essential oils for completely different scent ie: sweet orange oil or lemon oil for an orange or lemon sugar scrub or lavender essential oil for a lavender sugar scrub! Mixing lavender and vanilla together to make a lavender vanilla sugar scrub recipe would be awesome also!
Homemade DIY Vanilla Rose Sugar Scrub Recipe
- Add sugar and coconut oil to a bowl and mix on high for one minute.
- Add essential oils and mica powder to the bowl.
- Mix on high for 3 minutes.
- Add mixture to an airtight jar or container for storage in a cool dark place.
I hope you enjoyed making your own DIY whipped vanilla rose sugar scrub! Check back regularly as I hope to have more DIY bath & body products posted soon.
If you enjoyed this and want to make something similar but different, check out all of my DIY Soaps, Scrubs & Bath Bombs products! Make several and put a little spa basket together as a great gift idea!
OTHER DIY CRAFT/TUTORIALS YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN:
Want to Remember This?
Of course you do! This DIY Rose Petals Heart Bath Bombs recipe is the PERFECT handmade gift idea!
Pease share "Homemade DIY Vanilla Rose Sugar Scrub Recipe" on Pinterest to your favorite DIY board!