As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
You can read my full disclosure statement here.
This week in our Farm Fresh Tuesday Blog Hop, we will be giving away a copy of the Sweet Maple book and more! Read below to find out how to be entered into the giveway!
Today is the first day of fall, and I am always torn on this day. Very sad to see summer disappear and the end of gardening season. But on the other hand, I am ready to hunker down for a much needed winters rest and work on things that are focused more on the indoors.
Preserving all the garden harvest, cooking, quilting, crafting, fires in the fireplace, the fall and winter holidays with family & friends, all things pumpkin, apple and cinnamon flavored, football, Survivor…..these all sound good to me right now!
By January, I am itching to be out gardening again, and that is when I start my indoor seeds. If you would like to give that a go next year, see my article Seed Starting 101: Essential Seed Starting Equipment, so that you can start getting yourself organized, or ask for bits and pieces of the needed equipment, as holiday gifts from your loved ones.
Or, another more frugal way to start seeds, is winter sowing. This is also a great project to do with kids in the middle of winter!
Even if I grew all of my other seeds by direct seeding and winter sowing, I still don’t think I could successfully grow warm season plants like tomatoes and peppers using this method, but I would love to hear from you if you can prove me wrong! Keep in mind I am in the rainy, cool PNW in zone 8b. Start saving your milk jugs now! For more on winter sowing, check out my article Seed Starting 101: Winter Sowing.
OK, now onto the Blog Hop business for this week!
Our Featured Post this Week:
No Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake – Perfect for Fall!
This looks sooooo good! I can’t wait to give it a try!
Welcome to our Farm Fresh Tuesday Blog Hop!
This week we have an exciting giveaway to celebrate fall! We hope that you will join in the fun! Read below for all the details!
Our Fall “Sweet Maple” Giveaway is here!
Here are the details!
- The giveaway starts tonight, on the first day of fall, Sept 23 2019 at 8 pm Central Time and ends at 8 pm Central time on Sept 30 2019.
- The giveaway is sponsored by the founder of our blog hop, Lisa Lombardo of The Self Sufficient HomeAcre AND by Michelle Visser of Souly Rested.
- One winner will win a free print copy of Sweet Maple: Backyard Sugarmaking from Tap to Table and the Making Maple Sugar e-course by Michelle Visser, plus 1 quart of 100% real maple syrup sponsored by Lisa from The Self Sufficient HomeAcre!
- If you are a blogger and you wish to win a free PDF copy of the Sweet Maple book, you must leave a comment on one of our blog hop hosts Giveaway posts, explaining why you would like to review this book. (The winning blogger will be chosen by Michelle Visser at her sole discretion).
To Enter the Giveway, Click on the Entry form below!
Please Share Your Posts in Our Blog Hop!
Thank you for visiting our Farm Fresh Tuesday Blog Hop! I have teamed up with some other awesome homesteading bloggers to host this awesome blog hop! Each Tuesday this blog hop opens for you to share your posts on gardening, herbalism, crafts, homesteading, food preservation.
Feel free to share your in season gardening and homesteading posts with us and please feel free to share this blog hop where ever you like! There is a link down below for you to click on to share your posts!
To Be Featured on the Farm Fresh Tuesday Blog Hop:
Please remember, for a chance to be featured next week, PLEASE LINK TO OUR BLOG HOP in your post, or grab our badge down below with the rooster and include him with a link in your post! It has been difficult to find articles that had followed thru with this! Or have a link party page that links to us! Be sure you are adding our blog hop to your link/party pages if you have them!
Your Farm Fresh Tuesday Blog Hop Hosts Are:
Melissa blogs at Little Frugal Homestead
Maple Walnut Loaf with Maple Glaze by Melissa at Little Frugal Homestead
Lisa from The Self Sufficient HomeAcre
Sweet Maple by Michele Vissler is a Sweet Read! from Lisa at The Self Sufficient HomeAcre
AnnMarie from 15 Acre Homestead
by Annie at 15 Acre Homestead
And myself! I’m Tamara and I blog here at The Reid Homestead
How to Build a Straw Bale Cold Frame from Tamara at The Reid Homestead
Share Your Farm Fresh Posts This Week!
- Homesteading, homemaking, home schooling, sustainable and green ideas, DIY, healthy living, and self-reliance posts are all welcome. Share up to 4 family friendly posts.
- You may share older posts with ‘in season’ information, but please don’t share the same posts each week!
- If you share your posts in this party, you are giving permission for others to link to your posts….that’s a good thing because it helps get more eyes on your posts.
- Check each host’s hop post to see if you were featured this week.
- Be sure to link back to this blog hop so that we can feature you next week.
- Visit some of the other posts and leave a comment…let them know you found them here!
- Feel free to apply to our Farm Fresh Bloggers Roundup Page!
- Please do not link to other blog hops, linky parties, or to giveaways in this homesteading hop. However, you may leave a comment below telling us about your blog hop or giveaway!
Thanks for visiting our Farm Fresh Tuesday blog hop! Please check out all the amazing posts and comment on, and share the posts that you learned something new from! Feel free to share your blog hops below in the comment section!
Want to Remember This?
Please share “Sweet Maple Giveaway – Farm Fresh Tuesday blog hop” on Pinterest to your favorite Homesteading board!